Uh oh! This lecture’s media file is missing.
26 Apr 2012
Awareness of awareness, the simplest of all shamatha practices, requires only the slightest instruction and yet its object can be elusive and indescribable. This evening, we proceed directly into the mediation, then open the floor to questions about the practice.
Meditations starts at 04:50
* My own kind of practice: awareness of a bindu.
* Going up hill in the wrong gear.
* Anarchistic mode of relaxation.
* What awareness of awareness is not.
* Bifurcation of awareness as it drops like hot coal.
* Awareness, elusive because it’s collapsed?
* Moving from the space of the mind into awareness of awareness.
* Three ways of watching a movie, and the gradient of grasping.
This lecture does not have a text transcript. Please contact us if you’d like to volunteer to assist our transcription team.