12 May 2012
Three methods of escape when the mind is agitated: send your awareness out into the somatic field, out further into the world of exterior senses, or penetrate inward, deep into our sense of awareness. This evening we practice awareness of awareness and watch closely the tentacles of grasping, the identification with some appearance of the agent within.
* Managing feelings of ill-will.
* How siddhis arise upon achieving shamatha.
* The degree to which karma influences psyche.
* Recommending meditation to those with PTSD.
* When we lack the talent to write the book of our life.
* Talking with dead people.
Meditation begins at 7:40
Q&A begins at 39:22
This lecture does not have a text transcript. Please contact us if you’d like to volunteer to assist our transcription team.