B. Alan Wallace, 25 Apr 2012
The instructions for settling the mind in its natural state are simple: sustain the flow of mindfulness of the space of the mind and whatever arises in it without labeling or grasping. Though it doesn’t entail different stages there are different elements that can be attended to, mental events, subjective impulses such as feelings, and the space of the mind itself. Tonight’s meditation emphasizes the act of differentiating between these three.
Meditation begins at 8:05
* Meditation and mental disorders.
* The spiritual business model.
* Finding compassion, retroactively.
* Applying the dharma to civil service.
* Derivative benefits of the three modes of shamatha practice.
This lecture does not have a text transcript. Please contact us if you’d like to volunteer to assist our transcription team.