B. Alan Wallace, 04 May 2012
We’re at cruising attitude with settling the mind in its natural state. Tonight not many words about the practice. We’re reminded of the metaphors of floating on an air mattress in Tahiti and a falcon kiting into the wind. It is helpful to remain partially attentive to the somatic field of the body while beginning this practice.
* Where does hostility come from?
* Mindfulness of breathing through the mouth.
* When stretching our awareness: up, right, left, down.
* Using the news media as material for practicing the four immeasurables.
* Balancing theory and practice.
* Unachievable shamatha; throwing the baby out with the bathwater.
This lecture does not have a text transcript. Please contact us if you’d like to volunteer to assist our transcription team.