02 Sep 2011
In this session Alan introduces the practice of loving-kindness for oneself, a vision quest answering 4 questions:
1. What would bring you a true sense of well being and happiness?
2. What would you love to receive from the world around you?
3. From what you qualities would you love to be free, and with what qualities would you love to be imbued?
4. What would you love to offer to the world around you?
The meditation starts at 8:31
Alan then talks a little more about shamatha before the QA starts at around 51:00 with these questions:
1. Physical discomfort during meditation and meditation postures
2. What does a buddha do?
3. Different physical manifestations of buddhas and how does a buddha benefit sentient beings
This lecture does not have a text transcript. Please contact us if you’d like to volunteer to assist our transcription team.